Highlights for Spring 2017!
The 25th anniversary year was all about images and the coming year will be the same! In addition to larger thumbnails images and a coffee table book layout, the upgraded catalog has a “District Spotlight Photo Gallery” with full–page images of work by artists from eight different districts in St Paul.
Easier registration! Based on your feedback, we’ve made some changes to streamline the registration process. The new process will allow artists to submit their images with their registration form!
Longer Catalog Registration! This spring participants were be given a longer timeline to register for the Art Crawl!
No change in pricing! To support all participants, the Saint Paul Art Crawl did not adjust registration pricing.
Registration between January 2nd and February 6th, 2017 included participants in the Spring 2017 Art Crawl Catalog and online directory. Late registration will continue beyond February 6th, but those participants are not listed in the catalog.
PLEASE BE SURE TO READ ALL OF THE INFORMATION BELOW.
- District Spotlight winners will be featured in the District Spotlight Photo Gallery! When you register with an image, your image will be automatically entered into this juried competition.
- As mentioned above, artists registering with an image will be automatically entered into the District Spotlight Photo Gallery Competition. Learn more about the District Spotlight Photo Gallery.
- Be aware, the information you provide is entered directly into the catalog or online directory. This means your information will be used EXACTLY as you entered it! Slow down and take the time to proof and edit your information before you submit. The responsibility lies with YOU!
- You do have one chance to fix mistakes. However, changes to your catalog information will now only be accepted IN PERSON by a visit to the SPAC Office. Phone calls and emails requesting an edit will no longer be accepted. There are two days you will be able to come to the office to make changes: Friday, March 10th, 10am-6pm and Saturday, March 11th, 10am-6pm.
- If you are registering as an Individual Artist with an Image you must submit your image during registration. Images will not be accepted late.
- Are you marketing yourself effectively for the Saint Paul Art Crawl? One of our volunteers has come up with a remarkable list of ways to draw visitors to your work during the Art Crawl weekend. Download Marketing Tips, follow the suggestions, increase your sales!
- You can increase your visibility in the Art Crawl Catalog! Special pricing is now available for individual artists to purchase an advertisement. Contact [email protected] for ad information and pricing.
- Guest Artist Support. We will help you find a building to show in, but you must have your location established prior to submitting your registration. Go to the Guest Artist Support page for more information on exhibiting as a Guest Artist.
Financial Assistance! A limited number of registration scholarships were available for the Spring 2017 Art Crawl. Scholarships included registration with an image and the associated benefits!
Contact the Art Crawl Director at [email protected]
Events and Performance Art at the Saint Paul Art Crawl.
Confirmed events will be included in the events section of the catalog, online directory, social media and advertising. Submit your event for the Spring Art Crawl Event Submission.
EVENT DEADLINE: March 3rd, 2017.
Contact the Art Crawl Director at [email protected].
Poster & Media Competition
If you registered as an “Individual Artist” by January 23rd, you were eligible to participate in the Art Crawl Poster and Media Competition. The competition was free to enter, and the winning images will be featured on the Art Crawl Postcard and highlighted in a two–page spread in the print catalog, as well as in our digital version of the catalog, online directory & gallery, press releases, and more.
Each season the Saint Paul Art Crawl selects a panel of three Poster and Media Competition Jurors who come from a diverse artistic background and have advanced knowledge and experience within the arts and community. These Jurors are provided artist submissions through a blind process allowing each to view the image without any information about the artist. The Jurors then select one Poster Winner and nine Media Winners based on judging criteria that includes such points as representing the diverse Saint Paul Art Crawl community of artists, artwork that has a high level of artistic merit, and artwork that creates a strong emotional/esthetic reaction to the viewer. With new Jurors each season as well as a strong, objective process the selections are constantly changing and, over the seasons, reflect a wide array of artistic styles and mediums.